This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla making progress with the Model 3 production ramp up, Elon Musk releasing more details about the Boring Company, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla Model 3 production to ‘likely exceed’ 500 cars per day this week, says Elon Musk
- First Tesla Model 3 safety test results released, IIHS says ‘superior rating for front crash prevention’
- Tesla brings back ventilated seats and makes new black Arachnid wheels available
- Tesla has thousands of Supercharger stations in construction/permit phase with new map coming, says Elon Musk
- Elon Musk announces ‘a thorough reorganization’ at Tesla, will be ‘flattening the management structure’
- Tesla contributed ‘more than $5 billion’ to California’s economy and supported over 51,000 jobs last year, says report
- Tesla sets up new company in Shanghai’s Free-Trade Zone ahead of Chinese Gigafactory announcement
- Geely’s Volvo electric vehicles are using Korean batteries made in China and the competition isn’t happy
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company announces ‘partnership’ with LA Metro for its tunnel network under Los Angeles
- Elon Musk releases more details about the Boring Company’s plan: $1 fare personalized mass transit
- Electric vehicles reduce stress for drivers, says new brain monitoring study
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.