This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Elon Musk saying that Tesla will move away from selling cars, Musk throwing some cold water on a Model S and X refresh, a Model 3 road trip, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
We decided to move the podcast from Fridays to Wednesdays due to boring logistical reasons:
FYI, we are moving our Live Podcast from Fridays to Wednesdays at 4ET (in 2 hours) https://t.co/1B6c3DNxfj
Also, we’ve got a little forums community beta we’re working on. Come check it out… https://t.co/24r1VAbR4T
— Electrek.Co (@ElectrekCo) July 10, 2019
The show is live every Wednesday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla employees are not getting their bonuses despite record quarter
- Elon Musk: Tesla will stop selling cars [Update: at consumer pricing] once full self-driving is solved
- Elon Musk: Tesla is not going to ‘refresh’ Model S and Model X, only ‘minor changes’ coming
- Tesla Model 3 is the best road trip car: 10 hours of driving on Autopilot and 0 hours waiting for charging
- Tesla Autopilot team loses several more engineers as Elon Musk takes over
- Tesla is preparing a mysterious production capacity increase
- Tesla finally makes CHAdeMO adapter compatible with Model 3, giving access to 3rd party charging networks
- Tesla will suggest travel destinations with in-car navigation, says Elon Musk
- Elon Musk hints at Tesla vehicles finally getting Spotify
- BMW unveils all-electric Mini Cooper SE with 168-mile range, based on older i3 platform
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.