This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla releasing several software updates like Sentry Mode and Dog Mode, Porsche Taycan sightings, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla launches new Sentry Mode to ‘protect against break-ins and theft’
- First look at Tesla’s Sentry Mode with Space Odyssey AI Easter egg
- Tesla releases ‘Dog Mode’ to keep your puppies safe and cool inside their cars
- Tesla releases new software update with blind spot warning and auto-folding mirrors
- Tesla ends contract to prepare Model 3 for delivery in Europe a week after first ship
- Tesla reports no autonomous miles in California again – what does it mean for ‘full self-driving’?
- Tesla Model 3 cost surprised Porsche and Audi after reverse-engineering
- Porsche Taycan’s frunk and automatic charge port spotted on prototype
- Porsche Taycan prototypes spotted winter testing, huge performance brake revealed
- Electric pickup truck startup Rivian confirms $700 million round of funding led by Amazon
- Mercedes-Benz says its first electric EQC SUV is already sold out for the year
- Audi unveils design of Q4 e-tron – a new all-electric compact SUV
- Toyota produces shameful anti-electric vehicle ad to sell Corolla hybrid
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.