This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla Battery Day, Model S Plaid, a $25,000 Tesla, and more.
Sponsored by Electrify America: Discover all the new and innovative ways that Electrify America is providing freedom for electric vehicle drivers at ElectrifyAmerica.com.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla unveils battery puzzle made of pieces of smart material science, design, and manufacturing innovation
- Tesla unveils new 4680 battery cell: bigger, 6x power, and 5x energy
- Tesla unveils Model S Plaid: 520+ miles, 200 mph, and 0-60mph in less than 2s
- Tesla announces $25,000 electric car enabled by new battery cell
- Tesla suffers complete network outage, internal systems and connectivity features down [Update: connectivity returning]
- Tesla (TSLA): Elon Musk says ‘record deliveries possible’ in leaked employee email
- Tesla launches $2,000 ‘Acceleration Boost’ upgrade on Model Y
- Tesla reintroduces ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ — offering cheaper alternative to ‘Full Self-Driving’
- First look: Volkswagen ID.4 EV sets mainstream $40K price before incentives
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.