This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a potential new new Tesla van, a old but undissclosed Tesla acquisition, Nio’s battery swap program, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to Apple Podcasts here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons, and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla is making 12 passenger electric van for Boring Company, says official
- GM starts electric van program said to aim to ‘beat Tesla to the segment’
- Tesla drastically accelerates Model Y delivery timeline — What is happening?
- Tesla quietly acquired automated manufacturing firm to design factories
- Rumor: Tesla and UK government are working on a factory
- Nio might have figured out battery swap for electric cars as it completes 500,000 swaps
- Rivian Adventure Network: Electric pickup maker hires Tesla staff to build charging network
- 2021 is going to be the year for electric revolution – 10 new EVs coming next year
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.