This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla Model 3 safety and production news, and a worrying effort to end the federal tax credit for electric vehicles.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio will be available on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. For the Apple Podcasts app, grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla Model 3 achieves lowest probability of injury of any vehicle ever tested by NHTSA
- Watch all the Tesla Model 3 crash test videos
- Tesla officially launches version 9 software update, demonstrates new features in quick videos
- Tesla starts quarter strong with production of over 11,500 vehicles, including >7,000 Model 3s
- Republican introduces new bill to end the $7,500 federal tax credit for electric cars and tax them more instead
- Tesla sets deadline on new orders to get delivery and full tax credit by end of the year
- Tesla aims to have 20,000 employees at Gigafactory 1, could invest in local housing, says Elon Musk
- Tesla is bidding on a $145 million piece of land for much-needed Gigafactory 3 in China
- Tesla launches new Gloss Black Wall Connector
- Tesla increases the price of the Powerwall as demand greatly outpaces production
- Norway reportedly has over 30,000 electric vehicle pre-orders, Tesla Model 3 and Audi e-tron to make huge impact
- Bollinger unveils all-electric B2 pickup truck
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.