This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including our exclusive look at the upcoming Tesla Model S and Model X interior refresh, all the news that came out of Tesla’s Q2 earnings, Harley Davidson increasing its electrification effort, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://viptest.electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla is planning a big Model S/Model X interior refresh in Q3 2019 – full refresh in 2021
- Tesla (TSLA) releases Q2 results: record revenue of $4 billion
- Tesla gives Model 3 production update: fixed some bottlenecks, plans new capacity with new lines
- Tesla claims Model 3 outsold all other premium sedans combined in US in July
- Tesla claims to have ‘world’s most advanced computer for autonomous driving’ with Autopilot 3.0 update coming next year
- Here are the top 5 cars Tesla Model 3 buyers are trading in
- Tesla Energy is ‘battery cell starved’ but the growth outlook is ‘crazy’
- Tesla plans to release Autopilot ‘On Ramp/Off Ramp’ feature in version 9.0 update next month
- Tesla tests new direct factory-to-customer delivery, Elon Musk personally delivers a Model 3
- Tesla warns of theft risk through relay attacks, shares ‘tips’ to help prevent
- Tesla Model 3 spotted testing towing capacity
- Tesla adds Model 3 Performance to referral program, will limit free supercharging for orders after September 16th
- Harley Davidson announces plans for multiple electric motorcycles and even an electric bicycle
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.