In this week’s top stories: Tesla/SolarCity announce upcoming events, Elon Musk challenges Big Coal, Google deploys its self-driving Chrysler Pacifica minivans, and much more.
We kick things off with Elon Musk’s announcement of an upcoming Tesla product unveilings scheduled for October 17 followed by a Tesla/SolarCity event on the 28th.
We share more details on a new technology behind Tesla’s next generation Autopilot program called ‘Tesla Vision’. Google starts deploying its self-driving Chrysler Pacifica minivan prototypes.
And Elon Musk challenges Big Coal to go toe-to-toe w/ 0 subsidies after being called a fraud. These and much more in our top stories below:
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk announces unexpected product unveiling Oct. 17th & Tesla SolarCity event Oct. 28
- Tesla is about to increase its lead in semi-autonomous driving w/ ‘Tesla Vision’
- Tesla’s new VP of Vehicle Production is impressed: ‘they are about seven years beyond…
- Tesla updates Model 3 reservation page with ‘My Documents’ en route to converting into orders
- Tesla Model X deliveries surge in the Netherlands, now even the King is riding in one
EV news |
- Google starts deploying its self-driving Chrysler Pacifica minivans: first prototypes spotted
- Tesla increases its lead on the US luxury sedan market, beating Mercedes, BMW and Audi
- Electric vehicles are cheaper to fuel in all 50 states, savings between $300 to $1,300 per year
- BMW unveils new self-balancing electric motorcycle concept amid rumored talks with Lit Motors
- Germany pushes for Europe-wide ban on gas-powered cars by 2030, only EV sales onward
- First image of Atieva’s all-electric sedan made by former Tesla Model S Chief Engineer
Solar | Energy
- Elon Musk challenges Big Coal to go toe-to-toe w/ 0 subsidies after being called a fraud
- Tesla/SolarCity ‘solar roof’ with new Powerwall 2.0 will be in ‘high demand’, says SolarCity CEO
- Tesla Powerwall sees a ’30 times’ increase in demand after Australia’s blackouts
- Lawsuits are piling up against Tesla (TSLA) over the SolarCity (SCTY) merger, Tesla says ‘without merit’
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all Electrek’s stories delivered to your inbox daily, or follow us on Twitter & Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.