Cup holders and USB everywhere! This is Tesla’s new ‘Model S Integrated Center Console’ with optional ‘Quick Connection Phone Dock’ – now available has an aftermarket option. Earlier this year, we reported on Tesla introducing the center console as a default option in the Model S, like it already was in the Model X, for new orders.
Now pre-March 2016 Model S owners can order the console directly from Tesla Gear’s website for $1,250 including installation. The item will be shipped to your local service center and you will need to make an appointment since it needs to be installed by a Tesla technician.
The company lists the console’s features:
- Integrated side panels with contrasting stitching
- Single piece sliding cover in Mammoth Black with one-touch-to-close operation
- Magnetically secured flip-up deck with rubber grips and USB/power-cord pass-through
- Removable, curved dividers to customize the space for your personal needs (drink storage, wallet, sunglasses, etc.)
- Retractable rear cup holders that can hold up to two standard cups
- Can accommodate the installation of the new phone dock, which features guide blocks for a perfect and secure fit
Tesla is selling the ‘Quick Connection Phone Dock’ separately for $50 and it is only for the new integrated console. It is not compatible with the previous drop-in Premium Center Console. Tesla’s product description:
“Enhance cockpit ergonomics of your Tesla with the Quick Connection Phone Dock. No longer having to fiddle with loose charging cables, this kit allows you to blind holster your smartphone quickly and securely. The kit contains a universal docking base, both Lightning® and Micro-USB cables, and guides for iPhone® 6/6s and 6/6s Plus.”
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.