Based on registration data, Tesla delivered 121 Model S’s in Germany last month, which brings the year-to-date total to 1,212 cars versus 593 during the same period in 2014. The last four months of deliveries in Germany clearly show that Tesla is stabilizing its delivery schedule in order to avoid an end-of-quarter rush. Although, it seems like the company will still need to make the chart spike during the last two months of the year if they want to achieve the global delivery guidance of 17,000 to 19,000 vehicles for the last quarter of the year.
Tesla recently saw 6 of its managers in Germany leave to join its former country Director Philipp Schroeder at Sonnenbatterie. The company says they already replaced the managers and it looks like the new hires will have an early challenge with the fourth quarter delivery guidance.
Model S registrations in other European markets in October:
Other recent articles based on registration data for the Tesla Model S:
- European markets are leading Tesla Model S sales with a significant increase in October
- Tesla has found a great market for the Model S in Belgium – sales are up 70%
- Tesla Model S sales are up 350% in Sweden
- Tesla Model S sales are up 84% in Germany, while BMW i3 sales are down 27%
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
dude, great research on your articles. Also, just a tip… i get that you’re trying to match your Electrek logo colors to the bar chart, but please stop. The point of a graph is to convey information in a visually appealing way. This isn’t a fashion blog, things don’t need to match. Just be practical because…
1. cyan light equally stimulates green and blue receptors in the eye, so its hard to distinguish them especially when they are clustered together.
2. color blind people (8% of the population) have a hard time distinguishing blue green primaries.
3. Most content now is consumed on Mobile phones. I’ve seen some your articles on 9to5google on flipboard. They were great, but it would be a pain in the ass if I had to look at graphs like these on a small cell phone screen.
I appreciate your feedback. The main reason we use this color scheme with the logo is to avoid reprinting without credit attribution. I’ll look into tweaking the colors…
How come Electrek never include the UK in the Tesla figures?
We are still in Europe.
Given by my estimation the UK outsold all the other European markets for model S in October (delivered around 300 UK cars)
It’s not because we hate the UK or anything. We would if we could, but the UK only release registration data on a quarterly basis in some thing like 2 months late most of the time.
Your estimation is based on what if you don’t mind me asking? Because 300 would mean an insane increase. They didn’t even deliver 400 cars just the first 6 months of the year…
I saw in the UK Sales thread of Tesla Motors Forum a post with 854 model S registered from Jan to Jun of this year and a total of 1046 deliveries since 2014 (from last DVLA charts as I understood). The 300 figure for October it’s not so surprising because all the deliveries until June or July was for RWD cars, as AWD cars are only available to delivery in UK since September, I think. So the next months could have some surge in registered Tesla cars in UK as all the orders that were made for “D” cars since October 2014 will be delivered only now to the owners.
Sorry, you were right Fred. I saw the chart in the DVLA. Only 348 model S more between 2014Q4 (697) and 2015Q2 (1045) and one sole P85D (the first D delivered in UK). My Bad.
But the reasons I referred for the possible surge for Q4 of this year (and even maybe in the Q3) could be quiet accurate. At least I hope so.