If I’m not mistaken, that’s a Google driverless car parked out in front of Tesla’s Fremont Factory.
Sure, you’d like to think that Tesla was going to adopt Google’s driverless car technology and pop it in their cars but the reality is that Tesla is going to build its own “Auto-pilot”. Plus, if the tech was being demoed, it would probably be done at their design offices or an unmarked location rather than the place where cars are assembled.
That said, Elon Musk and Google CEO Larry Page speak highly of one another and are considered friends.
More likely Google is just mapping the area or perhaps at best preparing to give us a Streetview tour of the plant.
- Tesla CEO says they will upgrade Model S browser to Chrome, will add Android emulator to car (9to5google.com)
- Tesla hires Apple Product Design and Development VP and Segway veteran Doug Field (electrek.co)
- Elon Musk Tweets Tesla’s plan for AutoPilot autonomous driving (electrek.co)
- Tesla expains Model S fire: Metal object at highway speed put 3-inch hole in battery armor (electrek.co)
- Tesla hires Apple VP Doug Field to lead vehicle programs (9to5mac.com)
- Elon Musk talks about the Tesla Model S’s safety; Battery fire was statistical inevitability (electrek.co)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.